Announcements and Important Events
Announcement for Return to Play for all Fall Athletics
NEW START DATE: JULY 20th
Forms Needed to Return to Play:
- Health Preparation/Physical Form (Page 1 and 2 must be complete), NCHSAA Initial Screening Form, GCS Acknowledgement of Risk Form, G/F Concussion Form, Physical Form- only if you don’t have one of file at school or if it was taken before 3/1/19
Or go to www.cowboysports.org (under forms and links), or can be picked up outside of the Coggins Gym.
Essential Items Required in order to practice:
- Covid-19 Return to Play Forms- Can be picked up outside the gym in a box marked Return to Play Forms (see above or go to https://cowboysports.org/main/filesLinks/
- Water bottle and extra water
Time Slots for Practices- You MUST sign up in order to attend. Coaches are sending out sign up genius for your sport. Please go to www.cowboysports.org and click on Return to Play under announcements for how to contact your coach.
- 7:30 am- Men’s Soccer- Check in at the gym, then report to the SW Elementary School field. Session will end at 9 am.
- 8 am- Football- Session 1- Check in at the gym, then report to the track. Session will end at 9:30 am and pick-up at the rock in student parking lot.
- 8:30 am Football- Session 2- Check in at the gym, then report to the practice field. Session will end at 10 am and pick-up is at SW Middle School parking lot.
- 9 am- Football Session 3- Check in at the gym, then report to the SW Middle School Baseball Field. Session will end at 10:30 am and pick-up is at the SW Middle School parking lot.
- 9:30 am- Volleyball and W. Tennis- Check in at the gym, then volleyball will report to behind the gym and tennis to the courts. Sessions will end at 11 am. and pick-up is in the student parking lot for volleyball and at the tennis courts for tennis.
- Cheerleading will not start tryouts until July 21st-23rd at 6 PM. Please email Coach Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up and attend the zoom workouts. The final tryout date will be Thursday, July 16th at 6 pm.
- XC workouts- 6 PM starting July 20th
How do I sign up for Voluntary Workouts?
- Most sports have a sign-up genius or a group me app for their student athletes.
- Go to www.cowboysports.org and click on Fall at the top of the page. Then click on the sport. Most are posted under their sport.
- Go to the announcement on the right hand side of main page of www.cowboysports.org and click on Return to Play.
- Email the varsity coach of each sport for details. Those can be found under Return to play at www.cowboysport.org
- Football players need to check their Hudl account, check twitter @SWGHS_Football
Check in for Practice:
- Check-ins will start 15 minutes prior to workouts.
- Workouts will last 90 minutes and students MUST BE picked up at that time from the field they are assigned to.
- Students will not get out of the car until they have completed the daily health assessment form online and have their temperature checked.
- If students have a temperature over 100.4 degrees, they will not be allowed to stay for practice.
- Students that have been positive for Covid-19 will not be allowed to practice until a doctor has released them back to practice. Return to Play for Infected Covid-19 Patients Form must be signed off by a licensed physician.
- Once a student has been checked in from their car, they will be asked to put on a mask, receive a wristband and report to their assigned workout area. After workouts end, students will be asked to wash their hands, and put back on their masks return to their pick up spots.
What are we doing to stay safe:
- Coaches, trainers and Administrators will wear masks at all times.
- All equipment, bathrooms, and work areas will be cleaned after every session
- No community water stations. Students must bring their own water.
- There will be no passing, kicking, or sharing of any balls
- No touching, high 5’s etc. at anytime
- Work areas will remind 6 feet apart at all times
Check Social Media outlets for update:
We hope for a safe and health environment each day for all our fall student athletes. We will do our part to make sure that happens. Please contact Brindon Christman, Athletic Director if you have any questions at