Southwest Guilford High School Athletic Booster Club GO COWBOYS!
WHAT IS THE BOOSTER CLUB?
The Southwest High School Booster Club is the organization that supports Southwest student-athletes, coaches, and athletics teams. Southwest Guilford provides its student-athletes with the opportunity to participate in one of the most comprehensive and highest quality men’s and women’s sports programs offered in Guilford County and North Carolina.
The Southwest Guilford Athletic Booster Club exists as an organization of parents and community persons dedicated to:
1. Support, encouraging and advancing the Southwest athletics programs and related activities of the Guilford County School System, thereby cultivating clean, wholesome school spirit, promoting good sportsmanship, and developing high ideals of character.
2. Promoting projects to improve facilities and equipment necessary to provide an adequate athletics program for Southwest Guilford High School and for the school district.
3. Allowing Southwest High School administration teams to make decisions regarding athletics and activities, without influence from the Booster club.
4. Adhering to rules and guidelines, as set forth by the North Carolina High School Athletics Association, as well as maintaining good standing with the NSHSAA.
5. Raising funds for all athletics programs, increasing school spirit (Cowboy Pride), promoting good sportsmanship and encouraging community support.
BOOSTER CLUB MISSION
It is the mission of the Southwest High School Booster Club to provide financial support and the parent/student involvement necessary to maintain quality sports programs.
The booster club each year contributes funds to the Southwest High athletics department for the needs of each sport that otherwise would not be available. Our running budget is roughly $175,000, primarily raised from gate receipts, advertising, concessions, fundraising and Booster Club memberships. Primarily, the monies of the booster club will be expended for:
1. Capital improvements of athletic facilities.
2. Maintaining and repairing equipment.
3. Necessary purchases for athletics teams.
4. Awards, banquets and recognitions.
The primary booster meetings are the Second Monday of the each month at 7:00 (unless otherwise noted) in the Media Center. All parents and anyone interested are invited to attend.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE BOOSTER CLUB?
To maintain comprehensive, quality and competitive sports programs for you, your athlete, the school and the Southwest High community. Your experience, expertise, enthusiasm and financial support are appreciated!
MORE WAYS THAN ONE TO HELP!
In addition to your financial contribution, you can support the Boosters in other ways: